We have been snowed in, so what’s a girl to do?? Look through her gazillion (I honestly think it really is that many) cutout recipes, recipes passed down from family and friends, recipe books, magazines that I have accumulated over many years and get organized…sounds like a great idea! Luckily my mother was willing to help and together we found recipes that we thought would be great to get us through the winter blues and bring some deliciousness to the table! Another post to come soon on my process to organize all of my recipes and to meal prep and plan for each week! One of the recipes I stumbled upon was a Mediterranean Chicken recipe.
With a few tweaks to the recipe, my husband and I really enjoyed the sweet and spicy flavors and it even brought us back to a moment on our honeymoon when we were eating a similar flavored dish in Positano Italy on the Amalfi Coast. I’ll have to get some of the pictures together from our trip and share…every bite of food on our honeymoon I told my husband that it was the best bite of food I ever ate…until the next bite.
Mediterranean Sweet & Spicy Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 8 Chicken Cutlets
- 1 orange, cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, sliced (I used the store bought for a time saver)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cooked Couscous
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Brown chicken in melted butter, remember to turn and ensure browned on all sides
- Transfer to a plate
- In the pan with the butter, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and lay the orange slices in the pan
- Cook until oranges brown around the edges, about 3-4 minutes
- Add chicken broth, roasted red peppers, cayenne pepper and honey to pan
- Bring all ingredients to a boil and return chicken to pan, lower heat, partially cover and cook for 5 minutes
- Serve over couscous and finish with a small squeeze of orange juice and drizzle of honey
I hope you enjoy this Mediterranean Sweet and Spicy Chicken dish as much as we did!