I love to find out more about the people behind my favorite blogs, YouTube accounts, and Facebook groups! I was tagged in this “4 FACTS TAG” by the lovely lady behind Glamista Home. Check her post out! It was great getting to know her a bit better. So….lets get going….
4 names people call me other than my real name
- My loving hubby calls me all sorts of cutesy names….buttercup, love love, sweetheart….I know barf…but I just love him!
- Many of my family members call me by middle name, Marie, which is a name that runs in my family.
- Somehow my best friend in the universe calls me June on occasion. I have no reason why..but it stuck at some point in our 20 year friendship.
- My puppy, Zorro, calls me mom 🙂
4 jobs I have had
- My first job was at a flower shop helping the florists put together the flower arrangements. It was so much more awful than it sounds. We used to build box forts so that we could hide behind them and eat lunch. Not my proudest moment.
- I worked in customer service at various places — Macy’s, the mall customer service desk, a beauty supply store. I LOVE retail!
- I was an Adjunct Professor at a large University in Philadelphia. I loved teaching the students and although I was so intimated to be teaching students just a few years younger than me, it was the most rewarding experience.
- For the past 5 years I have worked at a healthcare school as a Vice President. We have 5 campus locations across the country and I manage the Student Affairs office at all of the locations. I LOVE my job and find it so inspiring to see the students at graduation!
4 movies I would watch more than once
I have to be VERY honest…I am not a TV or movie person AT ALL. In fact, most of the movies many regular people quote or think everyone has seen are still on my list of movies to watch one day. I do have a few that I have watched more than 1 time though.
- Dead Poet’s Society
- Cool Runnings. Come on! I was an 90s kid!
4 books or authors I would recommend
- Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius – Dave Eggers – I love Dave Eggers Books, especially this one. I have read it many times. It is a coming of age story about a man who loses both his parents within a week and takes on the responsibility of raising his brother. It is written in stream of conscious and I feel like it is so real and raw! My favorite book of all time.
- What is the What? – Dave Eggers – A story of the Lost Boys and the process of assimiliating the US Lifestyle after traveling here through treacherous conditions from Sudan. I taught a few of the Lost Boys before. They had the most amazing stories!
- The Tipping Point – How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference – Malcolm Gladwell – A must read for anyone, in my opinion. It reshapes your view on how people make decisions and really changes your view on influencing others.
- Then Came You: A Novel – Jennifer Weiner – Just a great “chick-lit” book. Great for the beach!
4 placed I have lived
- South Philadelphia – Home of the oldest Italian Market in the country and some of the most delicious Italian restaurants! I miss it!
- Other areas outside the Philadelphia area.
- I did a study abroad in High school to London and lived there for a few months.
- I wish I could add Tuscany Italy to this list 🙂 My dream home!
4 things I would rather be doing right now
- Doing anything with my hubby. Time with family and friends are so super important to me!
- See my last answer above — drinking a bottle of Chianti at a small trattoria in the Chianti area of Tuscany
- Cooking anything yummy or watching the cooking channel and dreaming about cooking something yummy!
- sitting on a beach with an umbrella drink…who wouldnt??!
4 things I prefer not to eat
- This one is easy for me. I dont eat any red meat. Never have.
4 of my favorite foods
- My Nonna’s lasagna or gnocchi. I look forward to posting a how-to in the coming weeks.
- French Toast – Check out my favorite recipe here!
- Ice cream. My guilty obsession.
- Some nice crusty bread, fresh ricotta cheese, sundried tomatoes and some delicious olive oil! YUM!
4 TV shows I watch
- I watch 2 things on TV — mindless TV like the Real Housewives or Vanderpump Rules or anything related to cooking. I love the cooking channel and the Chew.
4 things I am looking forward to this year
- Hopefully starting a family….crossing my fingers and toes on this one.
- Seeing my puppy get bigger and smarter. He is only 3 months old and it is so fun to see them learn.
- Learning more and more about the world of blogging and the great connections it provides.
- Continuing to do more work on the new home we just purchased.
4 things I am always saying
- I love you – To my hubs and the pup and my parents
- Please let me know if you have any questions – to all of my employees
- Zorro! No! Down! – Puppy training is a full time job 🙂
- I wish there were more hours in the day!
4 bloggers I tag to do this